Thursday 28 August 2008

.....Of Mice & Men

I've already heard of a lurcher who needs us. A 7½ year old who's the product of a broken marriage and is shut in a shed all day with no exercise. If it's still in need of a home when we get back from France I'll take him (providing I can persuade Dom). I wasn't going to get another dog yet, but they have a habit of finding us. If we're meant to have this dog he will be there when we get back.

Well that is what I intended, but you know how stuff gets around. It seems that everyone is expecting me to have the dog. I have put the word out that I will not commit to anything until I get back and that I would prefer it if I come home and he's already found a home. But who else wants to take on a 7½ year old lurcher?

I hadn't planned to get another dog so soon. Dezi is nearly 13 and is suffering with his arthritis despite medication. I was going to wait until Dezi has left us and then if I did get another it would be a younger one who could play with Ishmael and give Blue a much deserved rest!

2 comments:

Ken's choice said...

I hope so that that dog finds a place in your home, he must think he's landed in Heaven.

your blog avatar is very nice, you look so young.

Jak said...

But Henny......... I AM YOUNG LOL!!!!!!!!!